- 1 What is automatic bill paying and how does it work?
- 2 Where can I pay my Board of Water Supply Bill?
- 3 How do I pay my water bill in Hong Kong?
- 4 Can your water be turned off if you dont pay your bill?
- 5 Do banks charge for automatic payments?
- 6 Is automatic bill pay a good idea?
- 7 What is can number in water bill?
- 8 What is a CCF of water?
- 9 Where does KONA get its water?
- 10 What is the price of domestic water in Hong Kong?
- 11 How does Hong Kong get water?
- 12 What are considered as utility bills?
- 13 How long can a water company leave you without water?
- 14 Who is exempt from paying water charges?
- 15 What happens if you don’t pay energy bill?
What is automatic bill paying and how does it work?
An automated payment is essentially what it sounds like: a payment that’s automatically sent to one of your billers from your bank account or credit card account. You can authorize an automatic bill payment to be made using your debit card, credit card, checking account, savings account or money market account.
Where can I pay my Board of Water Supply Bill?
Ways To Pay Your Bill
- Automatic Bill Payment. Deduct your payment automatically from your checking or savings account.
- Online. Pay online with a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card.
- Pay-By-Phone Service.
- Pay By Mail.
- Pay By Drop Box.
- BWS Beretania Lobby – Cashier Window.
- Satellite City Hall or Bank of Hawaii Locations.
How do I pay my water bill in Hong Kong?
You may pay your water and sewage charges or water deposits by the following ways:
- Automatic Teller Machine.
- PPS (by phone, Internet or mobile application “PPS on Mobile”)
- Faster Payment System (FPS)
- Through Internet Banking.
- Pay by Phone Banking.
- e-Cheque / e-Cashier’s Order.
- By Post.
Can your water be turned off if you dont pay your bill?
If you are a domestic (non-business customer), water companies can’t, by law, disconnect or restrict your water supply if you owe them money. If you’re a tenant, see Paying your water bill if you’re a tenant.
Do banks charge for automatic payments?
Automatic payments can help you avoid late fees on your bills. Both the bank and the company might charge you a fee if there is not enough in your account. These fees can add up quickly.
Is automatic bill pay a good idea?
As you can see, automatic bill payment can be helpful, but only if you’re organized and committed to monitoring your finances. As long as your monthly expenses are consistently less than your income — for most of us that means a job that pays us more than we spend — automatic bill pay could work for you.
What is can number in water bill?
To find your CAN (Consumer Account Number) this is a 9 digit number and holds all the consumer information.
What is a CCF of water?
The most common units are centum cubic feet (CCF) and the gallon. A CCF also called an HCF (hundred cubic feet), represents one hundred cubic feet of water. The first “C” comes from the Roman word for hundred, “centum.” This is the most common unit used by both water and natural gas utilities.
Where does KONA get its water?
Kona Deep comes from a deep ocean current, 3000′ below the surface in one of the most remote and protected archipelagos in the world. This deep ocean current travels very slowly, taking 1,000 years to flow halfway around the world ultimately arriving off the coast of Hawaii.
What is the price of domestic water in Hong Kong?
the first tier of 12 cubic metres is free of charge; the second tier of 31 cubic metres is charged at $4.16 per cubic metre; the third tier of 19 cubic metres is charged at $6.45 per cubic metre; and. the fourth tier for any consumption above the level of 62 cubic metres is charged at $9.05 per cubic metre.
How does Hong Kong get water?
Sources of Water: Hong Kong’s two main sources of water are rainfall from natural catchments and Dongjiang water from Guangdong Province. Shortage of natural storage reservoir sites led to the construction of Hong Kong’s first ‘reservoir in the sea’ at Plover Cove.
What are considered as utility bills?
Common utilities include water, sewer, electric, gas, trash, and recycling. Technology subscriptions like cable TV, internet, security, and phone service can also be considered utilities. Home utilities are similar to utilities in an apartment, with one major exception: who pays the utility bills.
How long can a water company leave you without water?
If you have no water supply for more than 12 hours, your company should give you an alternative supply, such as bottled water or put a mobile water tank (bowser) near your home.
Who is exempt from paying water charges?
No one is exempt. Some charges are based on rateable values, this means that organisations or properties with very low or no rateable value may pay very little for their water and sewerage bills. We cannot decide to exempt any organisation from paying charges.
What happens if you don’t pay energy bill?
What happens if businesses don’t pay their energy bills? If you haven’t paid a previous bill or you don’t pay a regular amount towards future invoices, you will be in arrears with your supplier. If you don’t attempt to resolve the situation, your energy supplier is within their rights to cut off your supply.