- 1 How can we protect water sources?
- 2 Why do we need to protect our water supply?
- 3 How can we protect our bodies of water at home?
- 4 What are the 10 sources of water?
- 5 What are 7 ways to conserve water?
- 6 How can we keep water clean and safe?
- 7 How can we save water in 10 lines?
- 8 How can we protect air?
- 9 What are the five sources of water?
- 10 What are the 4 types of water?
- 11 What are the 4 sources of water?
- 12 What are the 3 sources of water?
How can we protect water sources?
- Dispose of chemicals properly.
- Take used motor oil to a recycling center.
- Limit the amount of fertilizer used on plants.
- Take short showers.
- Shut water off while brushing teeth.
- Run full loads of dishes and laundry.
- Check for leaky faucets and have them fixed.
- Abandon all wells that are not needed.
Why do we need to protect our water supply?
Whether your drinking water comes from a lake, river, reservoir, or groundwater, it is important to protect the source from contamination. One of the best ways to protect your drinking water is to prevent pollution from getting into your drinking water source.
How can we protect our bodies of water at home?
- Do Not Litter near a water body such as a lake, river or sea.
- Plant trees in catchment areas of rivers and also on banks.
- Trees not only check soil erosion but also retain soil moisture and feed rivers to keep them flowing.
- Do not block/ stop natural drains by constructing on drains or dumping wastes.
What are the 10 sources of water?
These are the different types of water sources around the globe and how they each play a role in what comes out of your home’s sink.
- Surface Water Resources.
- Groundwater Resources.
- Stormwater Resources.
- Wastewater Resources.
- Saltwater Resources.
- Ice Cap Water Resources.
What are 7 ways to conserve water?
25 ways to save water
- Check your toilet for leaks.
- Stop using your toilet as an ashtray or wastebasket.
- Put a plastic bottle in your toilet tank.
- Take shorter showers.
- Install water-saving shower heads or flow restrictors.
- Take baths.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
- Turn off the water while shaving.
How can we keep water clean and safe?
Keep Water Clean
- Return used motor oil for recycling.
- Use a commercial car wash.
- Sweep sidewalks and driveways.
- Fight mud.
- Avoid using lawn fertilizers that contain phosphorus.
- Leave an unmowed buffer next to streams and lakes.
- Flush responsibly.
- Use the trash, not the drain.
How can we save water in 10 lines?
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Save Water Save Earth for Kids
- Use a bucket for bathing instead of a shower, as it can save a lot of water.
- Turn off the tap while brushing and washing hands.
- There should be no leakage in the toilets and bathrooms.
- Turn off the tap while washing utensils.
How can we protect air?
On Days when High Particle Levels are Expected, Take these Extra Steps to Reduce Pollution:
- Reduce the number of trips you take in your car.
- Reduce or eliminate fireplace and wood stove use.
- Avoid burning leaves, trash, and other materials.
- Avoid using gas-powered lawn and garden equipment.
What are the five sources of water?
Here are the main five water sources:
- Ground water (well)
- Surface water. Lake. River. Stream (creek) Shallow well.
What are the 4 types of water?
4 Types Of Water
- Surface Water. Surface waters include streams, rivers, lakes, reservoirs, and wetlands.
- Ground Water. Groundwater, which makes up around 22% of the water we use, is the water beneath the earth’s surface filling cracks and other openings in beds of rock and sand.
What are the 4 sources of water?
Lesson-4 Sources of water supply
- Surface waters.
- Lakes and streams.
- Storage reservoirs.
- Forms of underground sources.
- Artesian springs.
- Gravity springs.
What are the 3 sources of water?
3.1 Types of water source. In Study Session 1 you were introduced to the three main sources of water: groundwater, surface water and rainwater.