- 1 Can two washing machines share the same drain?
- 2 How do I connect two washing machines to one drain?
- 3 Can you cut off someone’s water supply?
- 4 Why do I have 2 water meters?
- 5 Which way do you turn the water valve on a washing machine?
- 6 Should I turn off water to washing machine every time?
- 7 What plumbing is needed for a washing machine?
- 8 Can you stack two washing machines?
- 9 Why does my washer have two drain hoses?
- 10 Do plumbers do washing machines?
- 11 Can dishwasher and washing machine use same waste pipe?
You can’t leave a direct connection to the main stack open. You would be best served by using a deep laundry sink to accept the waste from the two washing machines and let the sink drain through a proper trap arrangement.
How do I connect two washing machines to one drain?
How do you hook up two washing machine drain hoses?
- Twist the water valve knob on the laundry room wall clockwise to shut off the flow of water to the washing machine.
- Unscrew the brass ring on the hose end from the wall pipe, using the pliers.
- Insert one end of the coupler into the end of the hose and tighten.
Can you cut off someone’s water supply?
Its illegal for a water co to cut you off. But there is no automatic right to take your water supply across someone else’s land. The land owner can charge for granting a wayleave.
Why do I have 2 water meters?
Sewer is the volume of water that goes down the drain and needs to be treated. A second meter will tell the city how much water is being used inside vs. outside. Those with a 2nd water meter will see a more itemized usage on their water bills.
Which way do you turn the water valve on a washing machine?
Turn the hot and the cold shut-off valves in a clockwise direction until they stop. This turns off the water to the washer. If the washer is leaking and you can’t find the shut-off valves or they do not work, turn off the water to the entire house. Locate the cold water pipe going into the hot water heater.
Should I turn off water to washing machine every time?
If the simple fill valve malfunctions on a washing machine, water will continue to enter. So if you put in a load and go to dinner, it will continue to fill. The best defense is turning off water to the house when you leave for more than a day.
What plumbing is needed for a washing machine?
Usually, a washing machine has hot and cold water pipes extended with T-fittings to reach its supply hoses. Mini stop valves allow you to isolate the machine without having to cut off the water supply. Hook the waste hose into a standpipe with a P-trap.
Can you stack two washing machines?
Many homeowners assume that any two laundry appliances can be stacked together, but unfortunately this is not the case. While there will be some interchangeability in washer and dryer models across the same brand, you will not be able to stack laundry units from two different brands.
Why does my washer have two drain hoses?
What is the purpose of two drain connections? LAW is a water saver, can drain the soapy water into a tub and th esecond hose drains the rince water down the drain the soapy water can be drain back into the machine to be used a second time.
Do plumbers do washing machines?
Qualified and experienced plumbers Our team of qualified and experienced 24- hour London plumbers are fully trained to carry out even the most complicated and advanced kinds of washing machine repair. Whether it’s on freestanding, integrated and built-in washing machines.
Can dishwasher and washing machine use same waste pipe?
Yes they can provided the waste pipe is big enough – no smaller than 1.5 inch diameter pipe. You also need to ensure and that the pipe is free flowing kept clear of restrictions or obstructions. The water flow from either appliance is very low. Especially the dish washer.