- 1 How do you rough in a toilet water line?
- 2 How high should a toilet water line be?
- 3 How do I know if my toilet is a 10 or 12 rough?
- 4 What materials do I need to rough in a toilet?
- 5 What is the minimum distance from toilet to wall?
- 6 What is a rough-in size for toilet?
- 7 What is standard toilet dimensions?
- 8 How do you fix a gap between toilet and wall?
- 9 What is the best toilet for a small bathroom?
- 10 Why is my toilet so far from the wall?
- 11 Why would I want an elongated toilet bowl?
- 12 What toilet do plumbers recommend?
- 13 What does 12 rough in mean for toilet?
- 14 How much should it cost to have a toilet installed?
How do you rough in a toilet water line?
Water Supply Line Install a ½ inch copper water line to the location of your new toilet. Insert the line through the bottom plate on the wall, approximately 8 inches to the left of the toilet’s center line. Connect this supply line at the water line attached to the sink.
How high should a toilet water line be?
Supply Line – One hole positioned between 5 and 10 inches above the finished floor. The supply line should be off-set from the centerline by 5 inches.
How do I know if my toilet is a 10 or 12 rough?
To determine the size of your toilet rough-in, measure from the wall behind the toilet to the bolt caps of your current toilet. Most toilets are available in a 12-inch rough-in, which is the standard distance, but a 10- or 14-inch rough-in may be needed in some homes.
What materials do I need to rough in a toilet?
What You Will Need
- Plumbing permit and possibly a building permit.
- A variety of plumbing and carpentry tools.
- Pipe and fittings.
What is the minimum distance from toilet to wall?
Most codes require at least 15 inches (measured from the center of the toilet) from any side wall or obstruction and not closer than 30 inches center to center to any other sanitary fixture. (The NKBA actually recommends 32 inches.) There should be at least 24 inches of clear space in front of a toilet or bidet.
What is a rough-in size for toilet?
The standard rough-in is 12 inches, though you may encounter 10-inch and 14-inch rough-ins in older homes. You should find the rough-in measurement in the new toilet’s product information.
What is standard toilet dimensions?
Standard toilet dimensions are typically between 28–30″ deep, roughly 20″ wide, between 27–32″ high, and have a rough-in between 10–14″.
How do you fix a gap between toilet and wall?
If you or someone is handy you could wedge a wood piece behind the toilet tank and the wall. It would be sort of U shaped so that it fits around the sides and top of the toilet tank. Paint it the same color as your toilet tank. Put a hand towel or cloth over it to put your tissue box, plant or etc.
What is the best toilet for a small bathroom?
The Best Small Toilet on the Market of 2021
- HOROW HWMT-8733 Small Toilet (Budget Pick)
- Galba Small Toilet (Our Top Pick)
- Woodbridge T-0031/B0500 Compact Toilet.
- Saniflo 023 Sani Compact Small Toilet.
- American Standard Cadet-3 FloWise One-Piece Small Toilet.
- Renovator’s Supply Small Toilet for Space Saving.
Why is my toilet so far from the wall?
When toilet flanges are installed it is typically in the early stages of the project and the standard 12″ measurement is taken from the drywall, rather than the finished tile surface that you are measuring from. That means your flange was set at a distance further from the wall than even the 13″ you measured.
Why would I want an elongated toilet bowl?
Elongated bowls are also considered more ‘hygienic’ in that the larger surface area of the bowl makes is easier for men and children to use with less mess. The longer bowl size is also a requirement for ADA use, and the longer/wider bowl is generally easier to use for those with mobility issues.
What toilet do plumbers recommend?
It is easy to install and easy to use, that’s why most plumbers recommend Toto Eco Ultramax toilet. American Standard Champion 4 is the best no clog toilet for long lasting use. It requires 1.6 GPF water to remove waste and clean the bowl.
What does 12 rough in mean for toilet?
The toilet rough-in refers to the distance from the finished wall to the center of the toilet’s floor drain or waste outlet. Most toilets have a rough-in of 12 inches, although it’s not uncommon for older homes to have an unusual size such as 10″ or 14″.
How much should it cost to have a toilet installed?
How Much Does it Cost to Install a Toilet? The typical toilet installation cost will run you between $122 and $228. Note that these prices do not factor in how much the toilet itself will cost. As a homeowner, you will be in charge of supplying it.