- 1 How do I turn off the water supply to my Elkay water fountain?
- 2 How do you turn off the bubbler on a Elkay fountain?
- 3 How do you bypass a bubbler on a filling station?
- 4 How do you adjust the water pressure on a fountain?
- 5 How do you fix a water fountain that won’t stop running?
- 6 How do you turn on an outdoor water fountain?
- 7 How do you sanitize a drinking fountain?
- 8 How does a water drinking fountain work?
- 9 How does a drinking fountain cool water?
- 10 How long do Elkay filters last?
- 11 How do I reset my Elkay water filter?
- 12 What does red filter status mean?
How do I turn off the water supply to my Elkay water fountain?
The shut off valve is open when the lever is in line with the body of the valve. To turn it off simply turn the lever 90 degrees. When you have finished your fountain maintenance or an engineer has solved the issue then the valve is simply turned back into position allowing the water to enter the water fountain again.
How do you turn off the bubbler on a Elkay fountain?
Replace the tee fitting with a 1/4″ x 3/8″ union fitting. This will send water to the bottle filler only. Cap the 1/4″ line to the fountain solenoid(s). This will eliminate the flow of water to the bubbler(s) and eliminate any dripping of residual water in the lines.
How do you bypass a bubbler on a filling station?
How to Bypass the Bubbler on a Bottle Filling Station
- Remove the lower cover by removing the (four) screws on the underside of the cooler.
- Turn off the water supply; then dispense water to relieve pressure (through either the bubbler or the bottle filler ).
How do you adjust the water pressure on a fountain?
Rotate the adjustment screw in a counterclockwise direction to increase water flow or in a clockwise direction to decrease water flow. Turn the screw in half-turn increments, and monitor what happens to the water pressure at the fountain head.
How do you fix a water fountain that won’t stop running?
The way you check this is to push the push bar, let it go, and when the water continues to run, unplug the water cooler. If the water continues to run your solenoid is “stuck on,” and is bad. You need to replace the solenoid. If it does turn off when you unplug it, then it is one of the switches, not the solenoid.
How do you turn on an outdoor water fountain?
Add a little bit of water to the water basin and then turn the pump on. Prime the pump so it will start circulating the water. As the water begins to flow, continue adding it until the bottom basin is almost full.
How do you sanitize a drinking fountain?
You will need the following; Liquid De-scaler, Paper Towels and a Grout Brush.
- Spray the descaler directly onto the drinking fountain.
- Spray a disinfectant cleaner onto the entire drinking fountain.
- Spray a grout brush with disinfectant.
- Spray another coat of disinfectant onto the grout brush.
How does a water drinking fountain work?
A drinking fountain, also called a water fountain or bubbler, is a fountain designed to provide drinking water. It consists of a basin with either continuously running water or a tap. The drinker bends down to the stream of water and swallows water directly from the stream.
How does a drinking fountain cool water?
Chilled water fountains basically have a tank inside of a refrigerator. When you open the tap, cold water flows out, and warmer tap water flows in. In general, fountains have cool water because the plumbing travels underground and heat is dispersed into the earth.
How long do Elkay filters last?
Elkay’s filters are easy to connect and are self-contained replaceable cartridges, limiting exposure to contaminated media. Replacement filter for models with WaterSentry Plus filtration system (Bottle Fillers). Filter should be replaced every 3,000 gallons or 1 year after installation.
How do I reset my Elkay water filter?
Reset the Filter Status Light
- Remove the top cover of the bottle filling station by unscrewing the two Torx screws.
- Depress the program button for approximately two seconds until the display changes and then release.
What does red filter status mean?
Water from a fountain with a red filter status is often avoided by staff and students. Yellow [indicates] the water is still being filtered but will need to be replaced shortly. Red [indicates] the filter has reached 100% of its usable life and should be replaced promptly.”