- 1 Why is it important to protect our water supply?
- 2 How can we protect natural water sources?
- 3 How can we protect our water and keep it clean?
- 4 What are the 10 sources of water?
- 5 What are the 3 main sources of water?
- 6 What are 10 ways to save water?
- 7 What are the five sources of water?
- 8 How can we keep river water clean?
- 9 What are the 4 types of water?
- 10 What are the six sources of water?
- 11 What are the 4 sources of water?
Why is it important to protect our water supply?
Whether your drinking water comes from a lake, river, reservoir, or groundwater, it is important to protect the source from contamination. One of the best ways to protect your drinking water is to prevent pollution from getting into your drinking water source.
How can we protect natural water sources?
Groundwater Source Protection Measures
- Step 1: Location / Site Selection of the Water Source – Never Close to Pollutant Sources.
- Step 2: Construction of Spring- and Well Protection.
- Step 3: Fencing.
- Step 4: Set up Rules for all Community Members.
- Step 5: Management of Operation and Maintenance.
How can we protect our water and keep it clean?
Top 10 Ways to Protect and Conserve Groundwater
- Dispose of chemicals properly.
- Take used motor oil to a recycling center.
- Limit the amount of fertilizer used on plants.
- Take short showers.
- Shut water off while brushing teeth.
- Run full loads of dishes and laundry.
- Check for leaky faucets and have them fixed.
What are the 10 sources of water?
These are the different types of water sources around the globe and how they each play a role in what comes out of your home’s sink.
- Surface Water Resources.
- Groundwater Resources.
- Stormwater Resources.
- Wastewater Resources.
- Saltwater Resources.
- Ice Cap Water Resources.
What are the 3 main sources of water?
The main sources of water are surface water, groundwater and rainwater.
What are 10 ways to save water?
10 Ways to Save Water at Home
- Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth.
- Only run the washing machine and dishwasher when you have a full load.
- Use a low flow shower head and faucet aerators.
- Fix leaks.
- Install a dual flush or low flow toilet or put a conversion kit on your existing toilet.
What are the five sources of water?
Here are the main five water sources:
- Ground water (well)
- Surface water. Lake. River. Stream (creek) Shallow well.
How can we keep river water clean?
All you need to do is follow these 7 ways to help keep lakes and rivers clean and pollutant free.
- Use less water.
- Keep your car repaired.
- Use organic gardening techniques.
- Compost and contain yard waste.
- Deal with household chemicals and medicines properly.
- Go sustainable.
- Don’t litter.
What are the 4 types of water?
4 Types Of Water
- Surface Water. Surface waters include streams, rivers, lakes, reservoirs, and wetlands.
- Ground Water. Groundwater, which makes up around 22% of the water we use, is the water beneath the earth’s surface filling cracks and other openings in beds of rock and sand.
What are the six sources of water?
The sources of water are – Lakes, Rains, Ponds, Wells,Glaciers,dams and rivers.
What are the 4 sources of water?
Lesson-4 Sources of water supply
- Surface waters.
- Lakes and streams.
- Storage reservoirs.
- Forms of underground sources.
- Artesian springs.
- Gravity springs.